MediaExponent.com is an online shop specializing in automotive media, navigation and property management systems. We design and sell systems where all components are compatible and work together.
We only sell products that we know thoroughly - all products in stock are tested for functionality, compatibility and expediency.
In addition to well-known quality products, we also sell low-priced products from the growing electronics market in Asia. With these products we take the risk on your behalf - in this market, consumer protection is largely a closed book. But you can get products from us through EU consumer protection legislation.
"DIY" customer support
We offer "Do It Yourself" level product support for all products on how you install and use the products you buy.
- Customer Service - You get good and fast service. A satisfied customer is our best ad.
- Honesty and fair play - we don't let you down and don't get caught up in little things.
- Always the latest products - we sell the latest products in the area. We do not dump residual stocks.
- Warranty - all products are sold under warranty. We work with the original manufacturers, so the problems of the products can be solved for the benefit of the customer.
Regular customer programs
Belonging to some of our regular customer programs you are entitled to get benefits on your shopping.
1. Regular customer
- You will belong to the regular customer program automatically when registering with or without buying.
2. Business customer
- You are a representative of VAT registered company in European Union. After we have checked the given information, you can buy our product at VAT 0.
3. Sales agreement
- We are looking for resellers and selling agents.
- We offer risk free opportunity to earn benefits by causing more selling of us indirectly.
- We offer wholesale prices for resellers depending on the volume of the purchases.
- If you are interested in sales agreement, please contact email@example.com
Returning of the product
Following EU Directives set out some of the most basic rights we take for granted. In short, the basic rights are as follows:
- The Directive on Sale of Consumer Goods and Guarantees: If a product you buy does not conform to the agreement you made with the seller at the time of purchase, you can take it back and have it repaired or replaced. Alternatively, you can ask for a price reduction, or a complete refund of your money. This applies for up to two years after you take delivery of the product.
- The Unfair Contract Terms Directive: EU law says these types of unfair contract terms are prohibited. Irrespective of which EU country you sign such a contract in, EU law protects you from these sorts of abuses. Clauses for example, where you give up your right to get a deposit back, cannot be hidden in the small print at the bottom of a page.
- The Distance Selling Directive: EU law also protects you, as a consumer, when you buy from mail order, Internet or telesales companies and other “distance sellers”. If you buy a product or a service from a website, mail order or telemarketing company you can cancel the contract, without giving reasons, within seven working days. For some financial services you have up to fourteen calendar days to cancel the contract.
- The Directive on Injunctions: An "injunction" is an order granted by a court whereby someone is required to do or to refrain from doing a specified act. The Injunctions Directive 98/27/EC establishes a common procedure to allow a qualified body from one country to seek an injunction in another. It aims to control traders that undertake activities in one Member State, which harm the collective interests of consumers in another Member State.
- The Price Indication Directive: EU law requires supermarkets to give you the“unit price” of products – for example, how much they cost per kilo or per litre – to help make it easier for you to decide which one is best value for money. EU law also requires financial services companies to give you certain information in a standardized way.